Construction Project Manager (NSW)
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as "Macca's", we are a household name in Australia for over 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count! As an employer of choice winner, working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way, while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.Job Description:
Could you be our next Construction Project Manager?
We are on the hunt for an energetic and passionate Construction Project Manager! In this exciting role, you will be accountable for the construction management of time, cost, quality and safety for new restaurants and remodels of existing McDonald’s restaurants. Partnering with key internal and external stakeholders to execute projects to the highest quality and deliver on key performance indicators.
If you're an architect looking to make a move into project management, this could be the ideal role for you!
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Partnering with internal departments on the execution and management of multiple projects from Concept to Opening
- Evaluating and incorporating vendor/lessor deal, associated reports and governing authority requirements into project development (i.e. Scope of Works, program, costings)
- Co-ordinating and evaluating site Investigation reports including the availability of services, geotechnical and contamination assessments
- Managing and liaising with governing authorities during approval and development process
- Managing the development of project documentation, ensuring compliance with all departmental procedures and processes.
- Project Managing the construction process incorporating regular communication meetings with all parties (i.e. Licensee, Operations, Contractors, Suppliers) to ensure the awareness of issues and progress is maintained and Site Safety plans are executed.
- Project managing construction to budget
- Coordinating the Handover Process (incorporating all disciplines and suppliers) to ensure the operations (licensee) personnel are fully briefed on the operation and maintenance of all items
- Managing the tender process, negotiation, evaluation and appointment of contractors/nominated subcontractors and suppliers
- Completing final cost analysis
- Investigating critical incidents as required by National Incident Coordinator and implement required rectification
- Administrating the defects/liability period post opening
- Ensuring the As-Builts Warranties/Guarantees documentation is finalized and that completed project documentation is archived
Your keys to success:
- Tertiary qualification in construction
- QSR or retail construction background is advantageous
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey messages clearly and professionally.
- Able to travel regionally and interstate as projects require
- Well-organised, methodical and demonstrated project management skills; able to set and work to tight deadlines and at a fast pace
- Great at building strong relationships with co-workers, stakeholders and third parties
- Knowledgeable and maintains a strong understanding of Development Group minimum standards and policies and procedures, environmental standards (Company and legislative) and WHS practices (Company and legislative)
The Maccas Difference
- Birthday & Volunteer leave
- A fun and vibrant culture packed with a lot of local events
- Access to hundreds of retail discounts including discounted Macca’s
- Highly flexible work environment
- Wellbeing initiatives including a 24/7 wellbeing partner for you and your immediate family
- 5th week of annual leave for you to switch off and recharge
- Ongoing professional development opportunities in line with your career goals and passion
As an equal opportunity employer, we strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We strive to make every moment through the recruitment process a feel-good moment for everyone. Let us know if we can provide any reasonable accommodations to enable you to participate in the job application and interview process, if you'd like to note your pronouns or have suggestions for how we can improve in this space.
So if you have a proven track record of success in project management, have a passion for construction and seeing your projects come to life, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity to contribute to our growth and success. You will be directed to an external link to apply.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF5301B_743999931038539
- Project Management