GRAND CENTRAL QLD - Shift Manager
McDonald’s Australia is a modern and progressive burger company serving over 1.7 million customers every day. Macca’s has over 990 restaurants across Australia and a current workforce of over 100,000 employees. More than 85% of restaurants are owned and operated by Licensees and 15% operated by the company. We serve the world some of its favourite foods - World Famous Fries, Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, Chicken McNuggets and Egg McMuffin.
Working for Macca’s is more than just a job. We’re a business that aims to have a positive impact in everything we do. We offer good value, quality food and a fantastic experience for our customers. But it’s not just about the millions of meals we serve each day. It’s also about the hundreds of communities across Australia where you’ll find our restaurants, and the thousands of people who work in those. It’s about you. Whatever you want to get out of your career - with McDonald’s, you can.
An Assistant Manager supervises the operation of the business while working alongside the employees on a shift by shift basis. Shift managers delegate tasks to staff members and perform a variety of organizational and administrative duties as needed. This role is a clock in and clock out position, you will be appropriately paid for all hours worked, we do not have unrealistic expectations of overtime.
An Assistant Manager is responsible for duties including:
- Providing a safe and inclusive environment for both our employees and customers
- Strict adherence to Food Safety Legislation (Prior knowledge of food handling will assist in this role, however, we will train and develop you to meet these standards)
- Strict adherence to employment law (Again, we will train and develop you in these areas should you have no prior experience).
- Delegating responsibilities to staff members and ensuring they complete them efficiently and accurately
- Keeping track of inventory and making sure every area is fully stocked on a shift by shift basis
- Addressing customer inquiries and satisfying their needs in a professional manner
- Balancing the cash drawers at the end of a shift - Our point of sales units and internal systems are extremely integrated, making sales tracking and productivity very simple.
- Opening or closing the business when working the first or last shifts of the day - This will depend on the site you work at, some restaurants are 24/7 while others are food courts and will require "opening" and "Closing"
- Communicating ongoing tasks or issues to the following Assistant Manager
- Assisting the Area Leader team in training new employees (As needed, we have specific trainers within the staff body to train, thus you will not be required to directly train employees) - it is expected, however, that you will consistently coach and develop employees on correct procedures as needed.
- Educating the staff on safety guidelines, customer service, and standards for cleanliness
- Communicating with staff regarding new company procedures, sales incentives, and product information
- Monitoring compliance with safety standards and federal, state, and company guidelines
- Setting performance goals with teams' members and encouraging them to meet those goals
What are we offering you?
- Extremely competitive income.
- 5 Weeks of Annual Leave
- Working for a company internationally recognized for our crew and management training.
- Excellent potential to move forward within our business
- Nationally recognized certification including Certificate II - Retail, Certificate III - Retail, Certificate IV - Frontline Management (Paid for by the business).
- A job with the expectation of clocking on, getting the job done, clocking off, and going home - No unrealistic expectations of overtime.
Job Types: Full-time, PermanentQualifications:
One year of management experience is preferred.Additional Information:
- Must be over 18 yrs of Age
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF3073T_743999829681479