MORANBAH - SHIFT MANAGER
McDonald’s Australia is a modern and progressive burger company serving over 1.7 million customers every day. Macca’s has over 990 restaurants across Australia and a current workforce of over 100,000 employees. More than 85% of restaurants are owned and operated by Licensees and 15% operated by the company. We serve the world some of its favourite foods - World Famous Fries, Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, Chicken McNuggets and Egg McMuffin.
Working for Macca’s is more than just a job. We’re a business that aims to have a positive impact in everything we do. We offer good value, quality food and a fantastic experience for our customers. But it’s not just about the millions of meals we serve each day. It’s also about the hundreds of communities across Australia where you’ll find our restaurants, and the thousands of people who work in those. It’s about you. Whatever you want to get out of your career - with McDonald’s, you can.
I am responsible for delivering outstanding QSC, sales, people practices and profit on my shifts. I supervise employees to ensure that restaurant operations and procedures are adhered to. I engage with crew and fellow managers to deliver great business outcomes by bringing the Macca's Experience to life on each and every shift. I ensure every customer has a memorable McDonald's experience.
I comply with restaurant safety standards which includes investigating all incidents and implementing corrective action to ensure a safe working environment for all employees and customers. I escalate safety matters to the Restaurant Manager where necessary.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coach and empower your crew to deliver on exceptional results
- Take accountability and responsibility for critical food safety and sanitation standards and ensuring they are maintained at all times
- Engage with the customer to identify areas of strength and opportunity and make recommendations for improvement
- Identify the changing needs of the customer and leads innovative results to improve the business
- Supervise and verify correct crew procedures especially in the areas of service and quality
- Comply with restaurant safety standards and action plans
- Ongoing monitor all areas of the restaurant to provide coaching and development to crew and ensure the shift is running smoothly and at the acceptable standards
- Proactively self-develop to maintain a high standard of knowledge in all policies and procedures and be an operational expert
- Role model procedures and codes of conduct at all times
- Cooperatively and collaboratively works with the team to achieve overall objectives within the restaurant
- Actively seek to understand restaurant targets and monitor progress
- Allocate targets and responsibilities to the crew every shift and monitor progress and re-direct focus as required
- Support the Management team by leading the strategy and business plan to achieve success
A successful Shift Manager will be:
· A clear and concise communicator both verbally and written
· Able to effectively prioritise and manage competing focuses and own time to focus on what matters most
· Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
· Enthusiastic and able to bring a positive can-do attitude to work every day
· Passionate about sharing skills and experiences to deliver high quality coaching and results
· Experienced in working in a customer service environment
· Known for attention to detail and trusted for expertise and integrity
· Flexible and adaptable to change as the business evolves
· Able to use feedback constructively to develop self
· Comfortable in providing constructive feedback to other
· Professional and ethical always and committed to own development as a leader in the restaurant
All applicants will require the completions of their MDP (Manager Development Program, Previous McDonald's experience will be highly advantages but not essential, as all training will be provided to the right applicant.Additional Information:
Moranbah is a small mining town in the Isaac Region located about 2 hours from Mackay on the Peak Downs Highway. The restaurant is kept busy through its peaks and is a great restaurant to work at, come join the team.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF2191E_743999925487638